Wellness Resources during Covid-19
The UF-UF Health Wellness Team is committed to the health and safety of all employees. In an effort to promote social distancing, many of our offerings are either being canceled or moving to being available online only. Many of our resources, challenges, and presentations are already available online. Now it is more important than ever for us to work on our wellness. Below you will find some recommendations and resources for staying well during these uncertain times.
According to the CDC, the most effective way to prevent the spread of germs is proper handwashing. Follow these basics – as recommended by the CDC – to ensure you are doing your part to prevent the spread of germs:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
- Lather your hands making sure to scrub all surfaces of your hands and fingers, including under the nails.
- Scrub hands for a minimum of 20 seconds – Keep the time by humming the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry hands with a clean towel or air dryer.
Social distancing is a practice that can help slow the spread of infectious diseases. This can mean avoiding unnecessary contact like handshakes and high-fives, staying away from crowds, and maintaining a distance of several feet between yourself and other people.
- Live presentations can still be offered via Zoom, and several are available completely on-demand on the GatorCare website.
- The Good Night Gators Program will now be offered online via zoom followed by 4 weeks of online coaching.
- Online sessions of The Resilient Gators Program will be launched next week.
- In-person fitness classes are canceled, but streamed fitness will happen from 12:00-12:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. View streamed fitness recordings here or email Brittany Evans to join the live stream.
- Challenges are still available: registration for the Spring Walking Challenge is open now. The Sleep Challenge, Money 2020, Get Gritty to improve resilience, and Couch to 5K are all available to start now as well.
- Want to work on your wellness, no matter where you are? Try these tasks from the Healthy@Home, Well@Work Challenge and the March Madness Challenge.
- Find more resources on our Windows to Wellness page.
- The UF College of Medicine has rounded up resources including how to stay connected while practicing social distancing, how to keep kids entertained at home, free cultural events and more
- If you are feeling stressed, and would benefit from talking to a professional, consider setting up an appointment through the UF EAP or UF Health EAP. These resources are here to help you.